HPE Wins “Best HPC Server” for the Apollo 6000 Gen10 SystemHPC is becoming increasingly vital to operating quickly, safely, and effectively. The HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10 system is designed with density, scalability, and performance in mind to deliver an extreme compute experience.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) was nominated for 14 HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards
—including “Best High Performance Computing (HPC) Server Product or Technology” and “Top Supercomputing Achievement.” The HPE Apollo 6000 Gen10
was named “
Best HPC Server” of 2017. The prestigious Readers’ Choice Award was presented by Tom Tabor at this year’s SuperComputing event, to recognize HPE’s groundbreaking advancements in HPC and innovation
. Today, the Apollo 6000 Gen10 system is being adapted and deployed to fuel success in multiple sectors and revolutionize HPC with extreme performance capabilities.
Achieve breakthrough performance with HPC
The new generation of Apollo servers
is workload-optimized to accelerate scientific, engineering, and business innovation—and with industry-leading security features, HPE customers can operate with confidence, harnessing faster insights while mitigating cyber risks and increasing economic control.
Among these advancements, HPE introduced the Apollo 6000 Gen10 system, a powerful and high-density HPC server
that is purpose-built to enable fast, secure, and resilient compute. The Apollo 6000 Gen10 system delivers the optimized performance and scalability necessary to facilitate continuous business growth and innovation. This system is expertly engineere
d for outstanding flexibility, power consumption and energy efficiency, and speed to support a wide range of workloads as well as large-scale HPC deployments.
The Apollo 6000 Gen10 system is compact and air-cooled, making it the ideal fit for customers with specific space or financial requirements. The system features 12 hot-pluggable dual-rotor fans as well as sophisticated management tools—like the HPE Chassis Controller or Apollo Platform Manager—which allow granular power control at the rack level. Redundant power and cooling features dramatically increase the reliability and affordability of these systems, letting customers make the most of their HPC infrastructures with a better return on investment (ROI).
Other key capabilities of the Apollo 6000 Gen10 system include:
Accelerate innovation with the “Best HPC Server”
- Extreme compute performance – Backed by Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and high-speed fabric technologies, the Apollo 6000 Gen10 system offers groundbreaking performance in a high-density package. Users can take advantage of superior resiliency, security, and storage, without compromising on speed or performance.
- Rack scale efficiency – This generation of Apollo servers is engineered to deliver over 300 teraflops per rack. And with a new modular, fully integrated design, users can quickly and easily deploy, service, manage, and scale their investments.
- Better ROI – By combining thermal technology and consolidated ILO ports, organizations can significantly reduce IT deployment time and operating costs. These features deliver versatile HPC performance and efficiency at rack scale, which let users match the solutions to the workload for a better ROI.
- Industry-leading security – Protected by the Silicon Root of Trust, the Apollo 6000 Gen10 system is one of the world’s most secure industry standard servers. HPE’s unique comprehensive security protects servers at the firmware level to ensure run-time validations, regulatory compliance, and unmatched digital security.
- Expert support – HPE also offers specialized services and support for all Apollo customers. HPE Pointnext provides a comprehensive portfolio to help users plan, design, migrate, and modernize their HPC environments. HPE experts are available worldwide to help customers select and manage their HPC deployments as well as create a roadmap to accelerate digital transformation.
From organizations who require a performance-optimized and energy-efficient platform
, to those who need to quickly scale to hundreds of servers. The Apollo 6000 Gen10 system is the ideal solution to tackle a wide range of requirements and complex workloads.
In March of 2017, BASF (an organization whose mission is to drive economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility) selected HPE to build a supercomputer for global chemical research
. BASF and HPE are developing one of the world’s largest supercomputers based on the Apollo 6000 system, which will consist of several hundred compute nodes. This massive HPC platform will harness leading-edge technology, flexibility, and performance to reduce computer simulation and modeling times from months to days. According to Dr. Martin Brudermueller, Vice Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors and CTO of BASF, “The new supercomputer will promote the application and development of complex modeling and simulation approaches, opening up completely new avenues for our research at BASF.”
To learn more about the award-winning Apollo 6000 Gen10 system and the new generation of computing
, I invite you to follow me on Twitter at @Bill_Mannel@HPE_HPC
VP & GM – HPC & AI Segment SolutionsPosted in Posts & Shares